Monday 19 May 2008

What Are You Like With That Camera - Part III

Ok.........Things are still very much up in the air here, Im very scared as to what is going to happen and how things are going to turn out, I cant be a crimple, not now in life when its suppose to be 'my time' after struggling raising me lads on me own for all these years..... but...hospital 3 times last week plus once with my Sam cos he broke his Shoulder Blade and tore the ligaments the week before - So I need to shove this post up to make the story almost complete, and to keep me a little sane..... its been a difficult weekend and at times I thought I was loosing the plot of life and found meself spiralling down into a depressed state and so very very tearful and frightened and lonely.......so I thought I would sit here for a bit and write.....so me lads one day will have a complete picture of this time in me life....

Soooooooo........after me op I slept for much of the rest of the day, awaking about teatime, but not really up to eating......ya know... no eating equals NO BEDPANS lol well thats how I see it in my daft head....

I did find I was fitted with a new toy though, it was a morphine machine where I had a button to control me own drugs..... wooooo hoooooooo except ya could only have a top up every 6 minutes.... dam and bugger...... oh how I loved those few morphine drugged up 'away with the fairy' days lol - when off the morphine drip thingie and when the drug trolley use to come round and they would ask if I wanted any painkillers...... hell yes I would say, and if no one wants theirs then Im open to taking them off their hands as well....cos I could get a good price on the street corner for them..... but alas they would not let me do that......but it did make them smile..... everyone else seemed so quiet compared to me lol



This was the drug trolley round...... it was strange, cos over the course of the 8 days of me being in hospital there was some familiar faces of the staff from when I was in 4-5 years ago having me other knee's ligaments replaced..... so that in itself was a little comforting seeing as how on the inside I was still very frightened....but the strangest thing of all was that they remembered me, and remembered me name LOL I mean, how many hundreds of people have they seen over the past 4-5 years yet they still remembered me LOL

when I looked around, the little old 'dead looking' people didnt look so scarey as they had yesterday..... maybe it was in the light of another day or maybe its cos they were sitting up and talking..... the old dear next to me was actually really lovely, she was called Anne and the little lady opposite was named Edna, and they was well chatty, and me being in a bit of a drugged up state was me normal loonie self.... and as I looked to the left there was the other woman that looked like she was in her 50s and she waved at me and said her name of Lynn...... so I smiled but me mind was saying....... gawds sake ladies, this aint no knitting circle we are at, or club for the elderly, we so aint gonna be visiting each other once we leave, but I smiled and chatted and they for some reason seemed to like me...... I get on well with little old people, I think cos, believe it or not I have the patience of a saint and time to listen, and I actually really do find some old people very interesting and very willing to talk to me about the good old days.....

Getting to sleep was hard that night, again the noises but added with the pain and sleeping on me back I dont like..... but I couldnt get out of bed for I had no choice but to put up and shut up lol.....

Friday was a strange day, I seemed to sleep most of it away, until after teatime (which again I just couldnt eat)...... so, drugged up and with no pain I was right proper chatty, ya know, sometimes ya just have to make the most of the place ya in, and the old dears were actually nice, so I was saying that maybe the ones that were able to walk could maybe drag us bedbound ones out down to the Seafront (Haslar is right on the harbour side) and push our beds onto the Gosport Ferry over to Portsmouth and we could go clubbing........ well I think I must of stirred memories for some of them cos within minutes the noise level seemed to get real high and they was laffing and joking and sort of in a make believe world of their own LOL and I was stirring a little more lol.... THEN........ dam and bugger....I was laffing so much that for the first time since me op I NEEDED A WEE.... oh dam, oh bugger, NOOOooooooo this cant be happening...... Edna asked me what was up and I said, dam I need a wee and it was okay for them cos they all had 'Auntie Morris's (then I had to explain AGAIN what Auntie Morris was)...and they laffed even harder lol....

Well ya see, the problem was that the 'nursie' person that was on Friday evening was actually a chappie called 'A' and he was 22 and oh so funny and use to be a drug taker and was full of tattooes and had turned his life around and was training to be a paramedic, and was just so very funny and swore like a trooper but was just 'normal' BUT.... there was no way on this earth I was gonna let him see me landing flaps on no bedpan.......... BUT bloody gobby Edna was laffing and calling him and he was laffing and I SAID NO WAY.... he said Mel you have no choice you aint allowed out of bed....... I said..... get me a frame and I will manage, which he laffed hysterically at me and called me stubborn..... SO I HAD A PLAN....... I asked him to get me one of those chair loos LMFAO.... ya know like the Queen probably used, I said if he got me one of those I could somehow get out of bed and use that...... he was laffing and said there is no way I would be able to do that cos I WAS NOT ALLOWED out of bed.....just get me it I said and pull the curtains around and get me a newspaper to read and I will be fine.......

Christ, how I got out of bed I will never know, with me strapped up leg and me drains dangling on the floor, and drugged up to the heavens, I was laffing and ouching and everyone kept asking if I was ok and I said IM FINE just leave me be, Im reading me paper lmfao....... it was funny, it did break the quietness and stirred up these little old ladies even more into a frenzy lol and when I actually managed to do a tiny wee after about 30 minutes, I sang....... Land Of Hope and Glory (which is a famous british hymn).... so for the next hour we laffed and giggled and the nurses at the station had to keep coming down our end to tell everyone to be quiet..... but a couple did come over to me and whisper 'what have you done to put a spark back into these people'.....

The only thing is........ they expelled me and Lynn from that end of the ward HAHAHAHAHAHA..... during the night they moved our beds down to the other end of the ward LMFAO...... I awoke to find meself amongst different old people...... they said it was to even up the numbers down one end of the ward, but I think it was cos I/we (me and Lynn) nearly caused a riot LMFAO.....and some were on the verge of having a heart attack......

So Margrete opposite me said...... Oh Im so glad they threw you out from that end, we could hear all the noise last night and the laffing and we wanted some of the action lmfao and now here you are down our end..... bloody hell..... I was NOT the paid entertainment ya know....

During Saturday, I was very quiet, not cos of being moved just cos I didnt feel to good, and as the day progressed I got sicker and sicker and by mid afternoon I was wellabit poorly, with such a fever and shaking and feeling cold and just feeling 'out of it'...... so they called for 'Captain Wills'...... now if only I was in a right state of mind...... Captain Wills was the Doctor that was called up from the army ward cos I was so very poorly, and they was a little concerned as to me well being........



Here he is in all his 'Mmmmmmmmmm drop dead gorgeousness' LOL.... so for the next couple of hours he monitored me and everyone was jealous cos he was so lovely and dashing and spoke right proper queens english and was a Captain to boot LOL.....he listened to me heart with his red stethescope (which he left on me table and which I now have here at home as a sovenier lol - ok ok so it accidently fell into me wash bag) - and by early evening when I was past caring a decision was made to whisk me back into theatre and have a scrape around and removed any yuckyness that might of been causing infection and a fever...... so they removed the first 7 inches of staples and had a fiddle around and put me in a tiny little side room for the rest of the night on me own but with a one to one nurse..... why does nuffin ever just go 'normal' with me...... gawds sake.......

Again I lost to much blood in theatre and here is 'A' finding it very funny giving me a top up........



'A' did laff and say..... you and that dam camera, you are well poorly yet still you have ya camera going lmfao....

Do you know they use ya own blood from the drain from ya knee to top up ya blood supply....well first they do and then I needed a top up with someone elses lol - see a right bloody little bleeder I am....

Ok, enough boring Twaddling rubbish for a Monday, Ive got an appointment at the hospital........ except for me hospital appointments, I aint been out the house but once since coming home from hospital, aint very mobile, and its scarey, and Im becoming very isolated and a bit of a hermit now and not wanting to really see anyone....or talk to anyone,,... sigh..... what a pickle aye.... what a dam bloody pickle I find meself in.........

No hand to hold here, no encouraging words...... and its those little things that gives one spirit and hope.... neither of which I have at the moment...

One last little post to come and thats it, done and dusted and written for me lads to read once Im dead and gone...lol

x

45 comments:

PinkAcorn said...

I can't believe that, your whining more than me, buck up Missie! Just kiddin, you know you've got all your readers thinking about ya and wishing you a speedy recovery. I do know what it's like to be alone and feeling depressed...it's a vicious circle...so make a u-turn will ya???
That Doc of yours is a real cutie, I've never seen a Doc to get fluttered over...at least I can dream now.

Jeanie said...

oooo, I love hot little stud muffin doctors! Aren't they grand? They are worth the pain. (to a point). ok, next time I have surgery I want you as my roomie. No - you don't have to have surgery too, you will just be my roomie.

Thanks for your note, Marmite. I lifted me up - and you needing a shoulder, too. Here's mine.

All my love,

Jeanie

Akelamalu said...

COR that doc is gorgeous! There weren't any like that when I had my knee done. I bet you were the best thing that happened to those old dears all the time they were in hospital. Chin up my lovely, everyone is rooting for you and you know I have everything crossed. xxxxx

Helena said...

Chin up, Toasty! It's been a trying time for you these past few weeks! You're a sweety - but also a toughy! You'll get there!

*HUGS*

ps.........I remember the Morphine machine after my hysterectomy! Great stuff. Santa never brought me another one, no matter how good a girl I'd been! *sigh*

Annie Wan said...

god i'd loved to have been in that ward when you were whipping those ol' dears up. no wonder the staff remembered you from before!

marms here's lots and lots of good wishes for you and positive karma for getting well. all love from mei del

Jen said...

Here's hoping that it's all easier for you from here on out. I will continue to pray for your healing inside and out.

Ol' Lady said...

Chin up bitch!!!
Only the good die young...your screwed...you'll be here forever.
Besides you have to get well enough to fly across the staples and have a tea at me camp :)

Ol' Lady said...

Oh...one more thing...when you leave to come over here please bring that Captain with ya :) I'm sure we can think of a few things to do with him for entertainment :o

KAYLEE said...

Thining about you toasty :)

Pam said...

(((mel))))and anyone's for a good bonking by a hot gorgeous capt. doctor lol my goodness, so if someone says mel you're a bleedin' cow then they wouldn't be too far from the truth?? LOL i'm sorry that you're still not feeling up to par. that's a scary thing i'm sure. i'm sorry that i haven't been here to comment. i've been commenting here and there on blogs, posting once in awhile, but my ex is taking me back to court. he's bleeding me dry of me finances! lol

The Ferryman said...

I wish I was over there to hold your hand and give you a big hug.

Oh, and maybe to take a hit or two off your morphine drip.

I like it when you talk about your landing flaps :)

... said...

OMG!!
HA!

Land of Hope and Glory,
Mother of the free,
How shall we extole thee,
Who are born of thee,
Wider and still wider,
Shall thy bounds be set,
God who made the mighty,
Make thee mightier yet!!,
God who made thee mighty,
Make thee mightier yet!

You're AWESOME MEL! HA!

I'm sure that brought down the house...or at least covered the sound of you twiddling in the pot!

Get well soon! Take care and be careful! You'll get there. You will.

Anonymous said...

So sorry you're still doing poorly Marmy. Please let us know what they say the reason is that your recovering so slowly. Hopefully you got to see another hunk doctor today.

Toriz said...

I wish I could offer some words of encouragement, or come visit you so you don't feel so alone. But I don't know what I could say to make you feel better, and even though I'm probably one of the few people close enough to come visit you, I can't go running off visiting people when I'm waiting to go in to hospital myself.

All I can say is that I hope all of this is over with soon and that you're back on your feet soon. *hugs*

Just keep thinking about the good-looking doctors you got attention from and about all the things you can do once you're better, and it'll make the whole thing easier to cope with. :)

laughingwolf said...

good news, mt... and welcome back!

with that sense of hee-haw intact, you'll be up and running in no time ;)

Katrina said...

Love and prayers and all good things from me to you, Marmie Dear. Thank you for keeping us entertained even in the midst of your trials! Captain Wills looks like one of those screen stars from the 1940's...there's sort of a Cary-Grant-ness about him, isn't there? :)

Anonymous said...

Marmy - I've been peeking at TWADDLE everyday so I wouldn't miss your next chapter...and here it was today. I just found this place to leave comments without going to HBO - but I'll probably write you there too. Email me sometime - I sent my email address in my last letter. I will say, I love reading your posts - they lift my spirits, but alas, you are suffering so badly - I am SO sorry. I will keep you in my prayers. Hey, God sees you, you know! He knows your trouble. Talk to Him! Love to you, friend....JeanneH in Idaho USA

Pamela said...

oh dear... get well you little twaddle (whatever is a twaddle anyway?) (:

Wish I could say the words, or give the touches that would heal your body quickly.

Many thoughts prayers for you dear.

Anonymous said...

Gosh, so they only employ gorgeous men there? Even the skinny ass one wasn't too bad! Lucky you!

Yup, My mum is famous in East End - 30 mins from you - she could come to visit, but you know, you can't tell people what to do......

Warm healing thoughts from me.

xxxxx

raymond pert said...

When I was in hospital in 1999 recovering from meningitis, the best part was that I was in a state of mind where every nurse looked gorgeous. The Captain's the real deal, but I would love to return to that alternate universe I lived in while ill where every nurse looked like Lauren Bacall, though I don't think I was their Humphrey Bogart LOL.

I'm sorry for your loneliness. Makes it difficult to keep the upper lip stiff.

I'm eager to hear the good news that your good health has returned.

Unknown said...

Blessings, Ms. Toasty. My prayers continue.

Lil ol' me... said...

Ms. Marmee...I'd sing you a rousing chorus of "You'll Neverrrr Walk Alone", but you might end up throwing your bedpan at me. Don't Brits sing that song when they're trying to "Lift the Spirit"? Okay, I'll risk the bedpan-toss..."YOU'LL NEVERRRRRRRR WALLLLLLK ALOOOOOONE....YOU'LL NEEEEEEVERRRRRRR WAAAAAAAAAALK ALOOOOOOOOONE!!!!" There, now, don't you feel a tad more sprightly? Okay, well, I'm not the greatest singer, I know. But I know something that always cheers me up....BEATLES MUSIC...a little shot o'that and you'll be dancing with your doctor in no time! Seriously, I hope your recovery is going well...............

Lisa said...

Oh Marmy! I figured you weren't posting cos you were out clubbing on that new knee!

I hate it when recovery take longer than it's suppose to (I'm a bad healer too!) Maybe you just wish to spend more time with the yummy doctors over there!

Well, I hope this is the end of the delays and that you will be out torturing your neighbors again real soon. I am stuffing some sticky buns in my router and sending pots of tea made from my thong panty reusable tea bags just for you!! Come to Tennessee and we'll load you up in the Bad Boy Buggy and find you some nice rednecks to hang with!

ChrisB said...

That was so funny, I would love to be on any ward with you :)
But not good, that you are being forced into a hermit life style, it must be so hard.
That Dr was quite dishy though (nod nod wink wink!) Hope things begin to improve for you soon.

Slip said...

I miss you! Get busy and get better you need to be chasing then nippers around!

LadyStyx said...

Dang... I wish all my doctors had been that hot looking...

*goes back for a second and third gander at that picture...*

My surgeon was..but that's the only one outta the 7-9 doctors that visited me (well...cant count the two female drs as they aint my type, although the one was quite pretty and reminded me of a songbird).

LOL@ this entry. My goodness are you ever the funny lady. Thanks for putting a smile on my face. I hope you are feeling better today.

Toriz said...

I think it's great how you can still manage to laugh (and get others laughing) even when you're feeling awful. :)

Mean Mom said...

I'm sorry that you've been having such a hard time, just lately. I'm not surprised that you've been feeling scared and a bit lonely. I hope that all of your blog friends cheer you up! You certainly have a lot. It took me so long to read the comments, I'd forgotten most of the post and had to go back to read it again!

You certainly dropped lucky with the male staff. I wouldn't say 'no' to the Captain or the nurse, but, then, sadly they wouldn't ask, of course.

Hospitals are so crafty with their beds on wheels, aren't they? If they really take a dislike to you, I suppose you wake up to find yourself in the car park.

Thanks for calling in at my place. I hope that you will come again.

buffalodick said...

Just as I feared- not going so smooth.. You've got to start eating stuff, or you'll never get stronger! I've been in hospitals before, and had appetite loss also, but try and eat something whenever you can! I'm hoping your kids are helping you some, and realizing how hard it is on an active person to be housebound! Wishing you the best, and hope you heal quickly... The Buf

Anonymous said...

Just dropped in for a moment to say 'hi' and hope every day brings better things for you. Your attitude is great and your humor refreshing, keep it up. The Stickman

Cindy said...

Mel- I think some of that depressed state comes from being anestethized (not spelled right) and maybe it's still somewhat in your system even though you weren't really asleep. I had the same thing and it took quite a while to get over completely. You're a strong person and you'll get through this. And look at all the people here for you!
I bet those little old ladies will never forget you! And I bet they all wish you'd come back and cheer them up again with a visit.
Hang in there- each day will get a bit better than the last.

AuntieM said...

Aw, MT, I wish I could reach through the net and hold your hand... Please remember you've got a lot of friends in cyberspace, and we all care about you!

And that Captain Wills is a little stud-muffin, isn't he?

Georgina said...

Top postie, toastie. Made me LOL. Chin up, and wishing you a speedy recovery. Debs x

Anonymous said...

(((((( Mel )))))

I just had 6 teeth pulled today.....now then, do you feel any better? lol

Seriously, I am so sorry you have had to go thru so much..... I love you to pieces, sweetie....wish I was there to hold your hand and help you thru the dark times...

Love you,
* gazey *
xoxoxoxoxoxo

MarmiteToasty said...

~((((PinkAcorn))))~ yep Captain Wills was a real cutiepie LMFAO....I know, I know, bucking meself up.......xxxxx

~(((JeannieS))))~ When Captain asked me if I had chest pains or anything else, I told him that my inner thigh needed rubbing LMFAO.... it made him LOL... ok I will swap my shoulder for a shoulder of lamb with mint sauce :).....xxxxxx

~((((ake))))~ fanks you, for being such a support to me.... and just maybe I made the little old girls realise that there is still life in them old bones of theirs, they certainly learnt how to laff again......xxxxxxxxx

~((((lena))))~ I wish they could give ya one of those drips on the NHS to take home lol...... my chins are up off the floor today and they are resting on the table:).....xxxxxx

~(((mei del))))~ I so think many of them must of been feisty girls back in the day, they just needed a nudge to remember their inner souls.....xxxxxxx

~(((jen))))~ yeah Im awaiting for the hiccup to be over so that I can start on the road to life.....xxxxxx

~((((Ol bitch lady))))~ you funny funny woman, the most funniest of cards I have EVER received in me life came yesterday, it dragged me kicking and screaming with laughter out of a very dark hole..... it came at such the right time, and I fank you from the bottom of me heart :).....I have to get walking so that I can come camp with ya and do the carboots......love ya girl....xxxxxx

~(((kaylee)))~ thinning is good, thinking is better LMFAO...... :)....xxxxx

~(((ciara anyones for a sniff of Captain Wills crotch and a fondle of his scopes)))))~ Bugger, Im so sorry you are still having hassle with your X tosser, we should swap stories at some time LOL..... you murder mine and I'll make yours disappear to :) - love ya ......

ps..... SirH has sent me some lovely emails that just by his words have made such a difference to my state of mind - maybe HE is me knight in shining armour ;)....lol....xxxxxxxxx

~(((MrFab)))~ just your presence is a good a a hug.... and me landing flaps have healed over and tallen off LMFAO........xxxxxxxxx

~(((((Toadie)))))~ I really did sing that from behind the curtain :) the old ladies giggling was priceless, Im just so glad that I retaught some of them to laff again, I think its been missing in many of their lives for a long time.......I might have to just realise I might be a crimple and try and get me head around it.....xxxxxxxx

~((((Helen))))~ I'll know more when I see the main man next week......./sigh...... Im fed up with it all now, and its all so very draining both mind and spirit.......xxxxxx

~((((ToriZ))))~ I'll meet ya this time next year in the Breacon Beacons.... fanks you for your continued hope lol......xxxxxxx

~(((((((((Wolfie)))))))))~ yeah me humour is hanging by a thread lol......xxxxxxxx

~((((katrina))))~ oh, doesnt me just look like one of them old film stars, and he had manners and charm to match lol...... fanks for the well wishes..... I dont mean to entertain, I just type whats in me head.... lol....xxxxxx

~((((((JeannieH)))))~ Im so sorry Ive been a slagbag snailmail penpal to you and Stickman and Digger.... Ive just not been up to it of late, I will try and do better this coming week......

And that 'god bloke' well I think he always looks at me and points his finger and picks on me, Im trying to work out for what reason all the shit hits me lol......xxxxxx

~((((pamela))))~ Twaddle means a load of old bollocks lmfao.....finding red wine and lots of it is a great healer lol....xxxxxxx

~((((coral))))~ well there was some well skanky blokes there to lol..... but then Im skanky so I fitted right in :)......

DID YOU KNOW THAT POMPEY WON THE FA CUP FINAL ON SATURDAY :) - oh how I wish I had been well enough to go into town over the weekend with all me lads and celebrate with the 200,000 supporters that were on the common :(...... something else to drag me down lol.....xxxxxxxx

~(((((((MrP))))))))~ LOL@you and Lauren Bacall.... you so made me laff.....

Yeah me usual stiff upper lip is a bit droopy at the moment, so it can only get better, maybe if I grew a tash it would help :).......xxxxxxxxxxx

~((((((((Saintly))))))~ taking your good thoughts and holding them tight in me hands......xxxxxxx

~((((idaho))))~ what you doing singing Liverpool FC's Anthem lol...... and hey, dont try singing for a living cos you would starve ;)..... and without me music on here all day I would of really gone insane.... instead of just sitting on the fence of insanity....xxxxxxxxx

~(((((((((Lisa))))))))~ I knew recovery on this was a long long process but Im just needing to get started on that road...... and its pissing me off now lol...... oh a cuppa tea made from the a thong teabag LMFAO......

The trouble is, Ive always been good in life, Ive always been to flippin good, and nice and doing right by others and now when Ive healed, if I do, Im gonna be bad, and sod and fuck the world and everyone else..... Im gonna find me a wild wild man and just disappear out of all this :)...and get meself a bit of living before its all to late.....so get them rednecks lined up, all I ask is that they have there own teeth...xxxxxxxxxx

~((((Crispy)))))~ well once I got over me initial fear of the elderly, I will say we did have some laffs.... often about some of the cranky not nice others on the ward LOL.... yeah, alas, Im finding meself retreat a little into meself and thats so not me.... its cos I cant get out and these 4 walls are driving me insane....xxxxx

~((((slip)))))~ Ive missed you to, and flitting around the blobs..... my situation has opened me eyes to so many different things about people and friends and about meself and how I feel about certain people in me life, and that too has been a bit overwhelming and to much for me to bare at the moment, which aint helped in the 'being low' stakes...... life aye?.....xxxxxxxxx

~(((ladystyx))))~ yep he was just so 'juice flowingly gorgeous' was Captain Wills lol.....

and me posts are NOT suppose to be funny lmfao......xxxxxxxx

~((((ToriZ))))~ I cant laff whilst Im crying and when Im so very sad about things......lol...... ok, I know, Im just a weirdo......xxxxxx

~((((((mean mom)))))~ welcome you..... scroll back and read some older posts lol you will see I aint all doom and gloom :)..... I most certainly WILL be back to read more of your lovely blob.....xxxxx

~((((buffalo)))~ fanks for your continued thoughts..... on the food side, once Ive cooked for me lads, I just cant face eating what Ive cooked, just wish someone would cook something special for me lol - it makes for a great diet though.......xxxxxxx

~(((((((((Stickman)))))))))))~ Im just me, warts, moans, bad days/weeks.... Im just me......xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

~((((((((((((Cindy)))))))))~ Just never felt so 'down' as this in me life before.... and that is a little scarey..... but as me gran use to say ' it will all come out in the wash ' except I think she was talking about the skidmarks in me knickers lol.......xxxxxxxxx

~(((((auntiem not morris))))~ yeah I think they should send Captain Wills over to help with me lonelyness lol.....xxxxx

~((((france)))))~ well today the sun is shining and me chin(s) are on the table and not on the floor, so that is an improvement :).....xxxxxxxx

~((((((((((((((((((Patti)))))))))))))~ oh my, does that mean you are now toothless? sorry about your pain..... oh jebus, I could of nicked ya some teeth from the many many glasses of teeth on bedside cupboards on the ward LMFAO...... love ya forever friend.......xxxxxxxxx

FANKS FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT, its all been very touching..... never had anyone before in me life that gave a dam.... so fanks..... *tears*......

The lonelieness stems from missing so very much a few certain 'special people' in me life.... I feel Ive lost them over all this...... and that to me is worse then loosing me mobility....and even me life - cos its breaking me heart.......and that is what has bought me to me knees and to a state where I have never found meself before........ so Ive trying to deal with those issues on top of trying to learn to walk etc........

life aye.... its what we sign up for.... only I cant remember any bloody dotted line....

Be safe, be well...... and those that know....... KNOW I MISS YOU MORE THEN ANYTHING IVE EXPERIENCED BEFORE.......... OXO

Georgina said...

toastie,your footnote has reduced me to tears. I know it's hard when you've lost someone very special. You never forget them, never come to terms with it, you just cope a bit better as time goes on. Live your life to the fullest for the both of you. Lot's of love. Debs x

B.R.M said...

Thinking of you in Tennesse my dear friend.

Love, TN Becky

goatman said...

I am not surprised that the nurses remembered you from years before--who could forget your wiley ways and clever talk.
Writing is the best healer for you and we all benefit too. Thanks for the laughs.
I once worked for an old lady who was always having me do things that would "see her out". Such as replacing her sink or putting carpet on the stairs. As of now, she is not out yet and things still need doing.
The springtime should help you to recover. Healing smells and neighbors dropping by. I would drop by but my feet might get wet on the trip over!

~:*:*:Sparrow:*:*:~ said...

{{{{{{Mel}}}}}} I'm sorry this is taking so freakin' long. I hope you're on some good antibiotics and don't have to stay in the hospital this time.

Please check in soon so we know you're okay - sending many prayers and thoughts of recovery to you, and of course, as always: Love.

Toriz said...

*Nods* OK, deal! :)

How're you doing now? And, how's your Sam's shoulder?

Go Figure said...

Come on MT, kick the crap out of this thing!

JBelle said...

hey you,

Thinking about you today. Home in bed with a bad cold and wondered about how you're getting along. Pretend I am there; I would make a nice strong tea and some toast with butter, cinnamon and sugar. We would drink tea and eat toast together and laugh. We might watch the news or wait for the phone to ring, Wendy on the other end. It's possible we'd figure out how to take a little walk--somehow we'd figure that out--and Janet would cackle her approval. I'd help you with bathing and we'd drink more tea, this time with whiskey and sugar. We'd sit and talk about our friends and what the summer will bring. I'd leave you with a book with nice pictures and some lovely macroons and a few carnations for the shelf in your bedroom. And I would feel so much better about everything!

MarmiteToasty said...

~((((france))))~ please no tears, Ive shed enough to last a lifetime.... Im just stupid and naive and gullable....and I let people into my soul and I shouldnt...... so no tears.... please....xxxxxxxxx

~((((((((brm))))))))~ oh my, how I have missed you, you old married woman you ;) - will email soon....xxxxxxxx

~((((goatman)))))~ you trying to say Im 'gobby' lmfao....you sound like a dear dear chappie, there aint many of you to the pound....xxxxxx

~(((pixie))))~ Im throwing in the towel this time, Im quitting.... cant fight in life no more......xxxxxxxxxxx

~((((ToriZ)))~ digging out me England flag to plant on the top of the welsh mountain....xxxxxxx

~(((((((((((((((((Starr)))))))))))))~ I cant, Im just to tired of it all now..... time to bail....xxxxxxxxx

~(((((((JBelle)))))))~ missed you..... so much..... and the other gumbies.... bad bad day today, dont think I would be good company.... but fanks anyways for the thought......xxxxxxxxx

Unknown said...

I am so glad I found you when I did. You are so funny and always brighten my day! I can see you there, refusing to use the bed pan, and having everyone laughing, and you are feverish and sick and still snapping the camera. What a wonderful person you are!

And my God. I would have been sick every single day if I knew that doctor was going to take care of me!!! Oh baby!!!

Anonymous said...

Your so much fun.. I wish every had your energy!!!!! I still can't understand you saying I take the piss out of ya,, who wants piss? It is ok we tease ya .. we did that to all the kindergartner girls we like back then too!!!! Keep smiling,,,,

see ya Fat Midget